2.8.08

First Week

Severe attack of homesickness.
I've lived away from home and have felt homesick before, but homesickness in a foreign land, knowing that you couldn't just pack your bags and go home, made the experience crippling. I couldn't function well. I could, in some levels, enough to remember what forms need to be filed where and when. but inside, I was hollow.
By the end of the week, I was already considering really going home. It took my parents' phone call to rouse me from my stupor and regain focus. I was wailing like a little girl, but they quieted my fears, my anxieties. Then my sister in HK suggested that we could move to Vancouver and she'd meet us there. And that did it for me. The grey cloud disappeared. And I began to plan for the move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home