22.9.05

Moms Can't Get Sick

Over the weekend, i got tonsillitis. Funny, because i thought that's just one of those illnesses that adults should be old enough to know how to avoid. Well, this adult didn't. And the discomfort of having twin marbles stuck at the back of my mouth was compounded by terrible pains in my joints as well as high fever. I simply wasn't able to get up from my bed. And since it was the weekend, my babysitter went home to her baby daughter, which left me and my son alone in the house. That was when i realized that truly, mothers couldn’t get sick. I couldn’t cook, couldn’t bathe my son, I couldn’t even prepare his dede! That was also the time when I realized that sometimes, it is good to ask for, and receive, help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home