27.9.05

Brave tots!

Yesterday, my son and my niece went on a doubledate to the dentist for tooth extraction. actually, it would have happened sooner if my niece weren't terrified [she actually cried!] the first time she saw the dentist's chair. she said she'd only go back to the dentist if my son had a tooth removed too [guess she's making sure she's not alone in the process and that if it had to hurt, then they would ouch together, hehe]. So my son, haha!, obliged. he agreed to have a tooth extracted, and we set another appointment with the dentist.

Minutes before the "operation", my niece's hands were definitely very, very cold. she was trying to smile but i knew how terrified she was. my son--and i think that was gallant of him--volunteered to go first, to assure his cousin that there was nothing to be scared of. when it was my niece's turn, she bravely stood up and sat on the dreaded chair. the dentist, bless her, handled her well, so much so that when it was done, my niece was actually smiling, this time for real, because, she said, the dentist let her in on her and my son's "secret". whatever it was, am only too happy her first dental experience turned out ok.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lou Bosshart said...

I think my niece and nephew are among the bravest and beautifullest people in the world!

- Doting auntie

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, such brave kids!
and that was sweet of your son, showing his cousin there's nothing to be afraid of. ^_^

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home