6.10.05

The Horse Whisperer

Well, the setting isn’t exactly the inter-mountain West, but well, there are horses in Europe, too, aren’t there? And the actress in this picture is Asian, so I guess we could say that this is the Europe version of the movie---with a slight Asian twist :). But if one’s not familiar with the movie, let me say that it was based on the novel written by Nicholas Evans and published by Delacorte Press in September, 1995.

While I’m at it, let me explain the term “horse whispering”. It is a kind of euphemism for a state of being, a relationship between a human and a horse [according to the director of the movie, Robert Redford] He also said that it is a way to be with horses that sends a message of understanding and compassion, that is, instead of beating a horse into submission, or using punishment as a tool, it's a way of developing trust and understanding---understanding who you are and respecting your place with one another.

But well, enough of that. my system now craves for coffee, and lugaw [the café downstairs should sell this everyday!] which I hope chickpeace will write about, and give a recipe for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lou Bosshart said...

Horses are fabulous, but they can be quite scary because they can be quite huge up close. I met this brown mare when my friends and I were driving along the countryside one afternoon. There was a fenced in meadow and two horses placidly grazing on the grass. I got off the car to admire them--and she trotted over. Probably looking for a freebie apple or bread. What a darling!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home