16.5.06

A Wish List Inspired by the Rains

It finally rained! And it made everything look alive again. The fire tree that i see from my window now starts to bloom. in a few more days, its red flowers will totally replace the leaves and make the tree look like it's on fire. c'est dommage i don't have a digicam or i would be able to capture the moment and feature it here. my son witnessed it last year and was truly awed by it.
school season is only a few weeks' away and i'm like...here i go again. another year of struggle, another year of doing my damnedest in making sure that nobody gets sick, that every bill gets paid on time, that my son gets to enjoy yet another year at school.

but oh, how i wish that this year would be just a little different, just a little easier, just a little kinder on me. how i wish i could just pack my bag and go spelunking with my son. how i wish those americans didn't vote chris daugtry out of American Idol. how i wish i could upgrade my P3[!] at home, continue some lessons i've started years ago, get myself an oven, a year-round free supply of Snyder's cheddar cheese pretzels, a new pair of jeans. how i wish i could eat lechon kawali without ever getting fat!
the beautiful thing about wishing is that there is no cash-out involved and there is no limit to what one can wish for. and just coming up with the list rejuvenates me and makes me feel good i'm alive!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i really admire you for being so optimistic! for still seeing the "sunshine" amidst the rain. = ) keep it up and i know that HE will give you your wish if it's the best for you.

7:59 AM  
Blogger =D said...

and another person wishful at this time of the year. the beauty of a wish. some, happens. few, passes. all, sharpens.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home