17.2.06

TGIF and Valentine's Day

TGIF, although technically, work isn't over yet; there's still tomorrow to get over with before i can truly rest. however, having finished the bulk of my work today, i can heave a sigh of relief. i designed a 146-page journal straight from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. yesterday, never pausing even for coffee breaks. doing the layout was easy, it was the image manipulations that had to be done that slowed down the work. i don't understand people who think that inserting images in a Word document is guarantee of good publication. but anyway, i did it. graphs, tables, and figures are now ready for offset printing. my back ached, my eyes burned from staring at the monitor, and my tummy grumbled from lack of food.
my week's highlight:
whoever notices valentine's day? nobody i know, that's for sure. but someone made the day special for me.
so there we were, driving to school. my son asked for P20. he does not normally bring cash to school but he said he wanted to buy some snacks for the ride home. so fine, i gave him P20. soon as he got home, he called me up and said, "Mama, do you remember the money you gave me?" I said, "Course, why?" He answered, "I used it to buy you flowers."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lou Bosshart said...

Kids do the sweetest things!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! how sweet!!!!!!!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Bramasole said...

isn't he? hihi...makes momhood fun!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home