7.1.06

Back to Blogging

No sooner had i finished dusting my office desk than work began to pile up. Projects i thought were finished last year are back for revisions. Some even need to be re-laid out. I guess that is better than starting the year staring at the ceiling and waiting for the senses to wake up.
Now this being the new year and all, i'd like to write about something cheerful and optimistic, but after days of trying to think of positive things, i gave up since i couldn't come up with any. i think i'm really born a pessimist after all. or maybe i'm just growing old and the things that used to pep me after the Christmas holidays no longer hold any meaning or magic for me anymore.
however, this does not stop me from feeling good about the way the new year greeted people close to me. my sister got a super-nice birthday gift from my aunt and uncle; a close friend is expecting her second child; another friend is arriving from france; and my parents are well.
my new year's ominous start notwithstanding, i'm back to blogging to shake off this feeling of doom. when i get home later, i'll grab my new Narnia books or my Bella Tuscany that two angels sent me. i'll put some popcorn in the microwave and fix myself a really cold glass of iced tea. that should do the trick.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahaha! well, i'm still trying to psyche myself that what's happening to me now is really a positive thing! pity, sorry me! what an idiot for thinking this way?!!!!! i should be glad for this blessing. i'm just thanking the Lord now for giving me people who makes my crooked mind think straight again... and that definitely includes you!

happy new year! yeah, parang sarap ng popcorn.....

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, i tagged you!!! check out my post titled "my five weird habits". =)

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home