17.1.06

Stuck

There are days i get this feeling that the world has moved on without me, that i'm stuck in this corner and have nowhere to go. i'm not even talking career-wise, because i chose this particular place, this particular job, so i could achieve balance between work and, ahem, motherhood. and everything is actually working out just fine, except that there seems to be something missing. i love the view i see outside my window: trees instead of buildings. i love the fact that i do not have to pay for my parking every day and that i do not have to eat mall food all the time too. and yet, there still is something missing.
I crave to learn something new. I already know this job like the back of my hand and therefore, it has lost its challenge. i NEED to learn something new. i want to enrol in something, but what? sometime ago, i studied french and reached as high as my finances would allow me. that done, i took my IELTS and got results more than i expected. i self-studied other desktop publishing softwares to upgrade my skills [so when i say that PageMaker rules, i mean it. Publisher, Ventura, and InDesign do not even come close]
i don't know how to shake this feeling off. in a few months, i will get my new PowerBook G4 [provided by the office, of course!]. maybe that would provide a challenge---shifting to Mac again---or maybe it would not. but it would at least be something to look forward to.
and then, when i hit the lotto jackpot, i'd study interior designing, or computer animation. now wouldn't that be something?

1 Comments:

Blogger =D said...

its a life-long journey to learn new things. otherwise we rot, i say. maybe another language? maybe your own website? don't worry you'll get unstuck -anytime soon. =D

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home